Has a cycling injury left you in pain? The concept of being injured, let alone in pain from cycling, a fitness sport, that keeps you healthy and brings you happiness, is outrageous, right?
Cycling like any other fitness sport can one day make you feel exhilarated and the struggling to pedal pain-free. Cycling injuries are expected especially if you’re a diehard cyclist.
An injury caused by cycling is not one to be sweated. Common cycling injuries, are treatable as long as the injury is properly diagnosed and treated by a professional pain specialist.
Common Types Of Cycling Injuries Include:
- Impact Injuries (concussion, fractures, clavicle injuries, muscle strains).
- Back Pain (Lower back pain)
- Knee Pain
- Anterior Knee Pain (pain at the front of the knee, on and around the kneecap (patella).
- Posterior Knee Pain (Overextending the knee)
- Medial & Lateral Knee Pain (Stress extending from the feet)
- Iliotibial Band (IT Band) Syndrome (Tissue that can often become tight or inflamed).
- Wrist Pain
- Arm Pain
- Hand Pain
- Neck Pain
5 Causes and Cures for Knee Pain in Cyclists
The Types of Knee Pain from Cycling
The Most Common Types of Cycling Pain and Injuries